RALEIGH, N.C. Kerr Health, a subsidiary of Carolina regional pharmacy powerhouse Kerr Drug, has launched a new Web site specifically for healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers.
Kerr Health announced Thursday that its new Web site, KerrHealth.com, features entry portals for healthcare professionals, patients and their caregivers, and employers.
In addition to information about its diverse service menu, which includes availability of 24-hour consultation with pharmacists and nurses, synchronization of medications, prescription delivery (same day in many cases), medication compounding, and insurance benefit verification and prior authorization, the Web site features news about special programs, handy online referral forms, and testimonials.
“We wanted to create a means for providing useful information and engaging our customers,” said Kerr Health president Mike Brown. “We believe this new Web site will help us connect with physicians, medical practices, employer groups, long term care facilities, and the general public on a more substantial level.”
The Web site also describes Kerr Health’s three service areas:
- Specialty Pharmacy: We provide specialty medications and individualized care for people with cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis, organ transplants, certain behavioral health and skin conditions, and other conditions, such as infertility, that require ongoing medication regimens.
- Care Management: A highly trained team of clinical pharmacists and other health professionals provides an array of such health-and-wellness education and intervention services as vaccinations, health screenings, medication therapy management, education regarding diabetes and other life-limiting conditions, and comprehensive wellness programs for employers, municipal governments, and insurance providers.
- Outsourced Pharmacy/Long Term Care: We provide comprehensive pharmacy services to skilled nursing, assisted-living, and independent-living facilities.
Highlights of the new Web site include:
- Improved search function: Google’s search engine provides relevant and organized search results, making it easier to locate information on the Kerr Health site and on the Web
- Simplified content: All information is written in a user-friendly format that is clear, direct, and easy to understand, highlighting new information that is important to Kerr Health's constituents
- Improved site navigation: The site has organized, user-focused navigation features that allow visitors to find relevant information easily
- Enhanced look and feel: The new site design supports Kerr Health's new brand platform and allows visitors to quickly and easily find the information and resources they need.