RALEIGH, N.C. Kerr Drug has put the final touches on its newly launched, multiplatform customer loyalty program, Kerr Rewards, and broadened its reach in the chain’s North Carolina market.
The launch of Kerr Rewards, first reported by Drug Store News in April, is akin to offering a “store coupon, at Internet speed,” the company said Tuesday. It offers multiple ways customers can immediately access shopping discounts and incentives, along with information on health, wellness and breaking medical news.
Customers can now access the Kerr Rewards program through six distinct touch points, including:
- Kerr Rewards Mobile, which customers can opt into to receive weekly offers on their mobile device. “The technology allows the customer to display the offer barcode at the register and receive the discount,” noted the company. “Coupons can be redeemed multiple times during the coupon life.”
- Kerr Rewards Video, through which Web users can earn coupons and rewards by watching videos on KerrDrug.com. Customers log in, click to watch the video, and then print off coupons associated with the product – and they earn additional coupons the more videos watched
- Kerr Rewards E-mail, another opt-in program, gives North Carolinians access to e-mail newsletters about specific topics as well as related coupons
- Kerr Rewards Web provides additional coupons and advice through Kerr’s social media platforms
- Kerr Rewards Register generates instant coupons printed on register receipts, and redeemable during a shopper’s next visit
- Kerr Rx Rewards provides a $10 gift card for every 10 prescriptions filled.
The launch of Kerr Rewards makes the chain “one of the nation’s first chain pharmacies to incorporate all six platforms into a rewards program,” a Kerr spokesman asserted.
Kerr president and CEO Tony Civello noted the company’s “history of innovative health care” this week when he stated, “We believe speaking directly to our customers through multiple platforms is critical to fostering a strong relationship with them. Customer use of technology is evolving and we must adapt our outreach to offer our healthcare services.”
To that end, added Civello, “Kerr Rewards is designed to reach all of our customers, from the Internet savvy to the traditional store coupon shopper,” adds Civello. In addition, he said, “Our move into digital media helps us to grow our relationships with customers and respond more quickly to customer feedback.”