- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Brand medicines at retail pharmacy to no longer be covered by Tricare for Life
Expanding the role of pharmacy far beyond the counter has long been a hallmark of Kerr Drug’s business model, and the chain’s Kerr Community Health Center is one of the best examples.
The center features five private exam rooms that include a dedicated immunization room; rooms for patient coun- seling for various disease states and medication therapy manage- ment; a larger room for health- and-wellness pro- grams, patient ed- ucation and staff meetings; and a fifth room where the company offers a pharmacogenomics program under a partnership with the University of North Carolina’s Eshelman School of Pharmacy that optimizes medication therapies by using DNA testing.