- Q&A: Genetic profiling with Dr. Anita Goel of Nanobiosym
- Coca-Cola hosts ceremony to honor veterans, U.S. military members
- Global survey: Consumers will spend more for products befitting a healthier lifestyle
- 15th annual NACDS Foundation Dinner raises more than $1.8M
- Harris Teeter and MillerCoors donate holiday meals to 400 military families served by Operation Homefront
ALPHARETTA, Ga. — Sam’s Club locations this year once again will host “Hugo Salutes Our Veterans,” a national program that will provide 36,000 Hugo folding canes free of charge to U.S. military veterans in need of mobility assistance.
The Hugo folding canes, which retail for $29.99, will be distributed at all Sam's Clubs nationwide on Nov. 9, 10 and 11. The program was started several years ago by Alpharetta, Ga.-based company AMG Medical in tribute to its employees who served in the military.
“For all of us at AMG Medical, Hugo Salutes Our Veterans is a way to express our deepest appreciation to all Veterans for their selfless contributions to our country,” AMG Medical global president Philip delBuey said. “Our company’s mission is all about helping people stay active and connected to family, friends and their community. With this year’s program, we will have given out more than 100,000 canes. We hope that many Veterans will benefit from Hugo Salutes this year.”
The Hugo folding cane has multiple settings to accommodate people between 5 ft. and 6 ft., 3 in. in height. The cane automatically unfolds and locks into place for use. To store, the cane conveniently folds into four sections, AMG Medical said.