- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Federal government must find alternatives to rescheduling hydrocodone combination drugs
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Prestige Brands solution to pediatric overdosing — unique squeezable, single-dose APAP packet
- CVS Caremark study: More education needed on genetic testing in prescribing antiplatelet drugs
SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass. — Kaz on Thursday announced the launch of the Braun Forehead Thermometer, which features a lightweight, ergonomic design, providing a step-by-step on-product usage guide and user-facing digital temperature readouts on a large, backlit screen.
In addition, the thermometer's fever guidance system indicates the severity of each reading with a green, yellow or red light, helping parents easily decipher and monitor the status of their child's temperature.
The Braun Forehead Thermometer is designed to measure the temperature of the skin above the temporal artery, a major artery of the head that offers constant blood flow to the heart.
The Braun Forehead Thermometer's built-in infrared technology takes multiple readings during each forehead swipe, processing the readings using a unique algorithm for an accurate measurement. The thermometer automatically converts the final reading to the oral temperature equivalent.
The Braun Forehead Thermometer has a suggested retail price of $49.99 and is backed by a three-year limited warranty.