- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- National Consumers League survey finds 1-in-5 adults never received a flu shot
- Have you had your flu shot this year?
PASADENA, Calif. — Healthcare provider Kaiser Permanente has set the world record for the most flu shots given in a single day, the organization said Monday.
The nonprofit health plan said its Southern California division administered 47,259 shots in an eight-hour period, nearly four times the previous record, according to the Guinness World Records; a Guinness World Records adjudicator confirmed the record, which beat the previous one, when Vanderbilt University administered 12,851 shots.
The organization said more than 600 nurses and medical staff administered the vaccines to members at 48 facilities throughout the Southern California region.