- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
- Walgreens discusses digital transformation at recent I Heart APIs conference
WINONA, Minn. — J.R. Watkins Naturals is expanding its presence in the Asian market by selling its personal care and home care products through retail chains in Hong Kong, Japan and Taiwan.
"There is a growing demand for heritage brands and natural products in Asia, particularly in Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan," stated J.R. Rigley, J.R. Watkins Naturals' sales and marketing VP. "We are proud to bring more than 140 years of natural tradition to consumers in these countries."
J.R. Watkins Naturals has sold home care products in South Korean department stores and specialty shops since March 2009. Its success there and the identification of a distributor with the experience to help further develop the brand facilitated its expansion in Asia, the company stated. Support will include product placement, pricing and marketing initiatives.
"After studying the market for several years and carefully considering this expansion, J.R. Watkins Naturals is confident we have selected the right partner to ensure continued success for the brand abroad," Rigley added.
J.R. Watkins Naturals also is considering expansion to China, and possibly Australia.
In the United States, J.R. Watkins Naturals products are available through multiple distribution channels, including Target, Walgreens, Whole Foods, Walmart and QVC.