- WhoopAss receives BevNet honor for product relaunch
- Jones Soda introduces limited-edition holiday line
- Dr Pepper Snapple Group to launch 10-calorie versions of its sodas
- Jones Soda Co. launches special-edition Halloween flavors at Target stores
- Jones Soda, Fiat launch photo contest celebrating new products
SEATTLE — Jones Soda and The Onion have teamed up to bring consumers a co-branded line of limited-edition sodas.
The companies created a collection of six 12-oz. glass bottles — which will retail for $12.99 — that each boasts a black-and-white newsprint-inspired label with a signature Onion headline and accompanying image. The collection includes Jones' popular green apple, root beer and strawberry-lime flavors.
"The Onion and Jones share a lot of the same youthful and light-hearted fans, so it was a natural partnership," said Jones director of marketing Mike Spear. "We picked some of our best-selling flavors, The Onion picked their favorite headlines, and we married them together."