- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- GN ReSound launches hearing aid compatible with Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod
- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
SAN DIEGO — A subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson has launched a mobile medication adherence application that it said can be used for any prescription or over-the-counter medication or supplement.
Janssen Healthcare Innovation, a unit of Janssen Research & Development announced Wednesday the launch of Care4Today Mobile Adherence, a secure messaging platform available for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry devices, among others.
"Janssen Healthcare Innovation is developing products and services to transform the patient experience and promote better health outcomes," Janssen Healthcare Innovation head Diego Miralles said. "We have identified improving medication adherence as one of our key initiatives."
Features of the app include password protection; secure, two-way messaging; disassociation of a user's identity with his or her medication adherence data, including no access for Janssen to user identities; and customizable message reminders.