- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
- Report: Jewel-Osco president Emmons to retire
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
ITASCA, Ill. — Supervalu company Jewel-Osco announced that its president will retire, effective Feb. 28.
Keith Nielsen, whose career at the company spanned 40 years — and who has served as Jewel-Osco's leader since 2007 — will be replaced by Brian Huff, Supervalu SVP specialty retail. Huff will transition into the new role Feb. 7.
“I am very proud of the work we’ve accomplished at Jewel-Osco during my tenure as president, but I’m looking forward to retiring and spending more time with my family,” Nielsen said. “I will miss working with the many wonderful associates at Jewel-Osco and wish the team the very best as they continue to grow the business.”