- Jewel-Osco brings back Eating Healthy with my Diabetes program
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Supervalu expands Nutrition iQ program
- Bartell donates flu vaccines to help community outreach programs through local schools of pharmacy
- Supervalu continues foray into private-label beer biz
ITASCA, Ill. — Jewel-Osco is shipping "thousands" of extra doses of flu vaccine amid a flu season that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has labeled an epidemic, the retail chain said.
The company plans to ship 7,000 doses to its pharmacies starting Tuesday and continuing into Wednesday, with about 170 pharmacies set to receive some of the doses.
The company said delivery dates were based on store locations and advised customers to contact their local stores for more information because it had experienced an increase in demand for the vaccine compared with last season.
FOR MORE COVERAGE OF THE FLU EPIDEMIC CLICK HERE
Find us on Facebook for more information on drug store news, insights and products.