- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Report: Jewel-Osco president Emmons to retire
- Jewel-Osco to celebrate reopening of Chicago Ohio & State location
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
ITASCA, Ill. — Jewel-Osco announced that it is partnering with the American Heart Association to raise awareness and funds for the AHA's Go Red For Women campaign against heart disease, the leading cause of death among American women.
In February, which is also American Heart Month, the retailer is taking part in several initiatives to support Go Red For Women. Donations for the campaign have been collected at store registers. Additionally, Jewel-Osco said it will contribute a portion of the proceeds from sales of environmentally friendly bags to Go Red For Women. Customers can visit special in-store displays to find other items also being offered in honor of the campaign. These products will be available while supplies last. Meanwhile, Jewel-Osco will have tie-ins with several vendors to support Go Red for Women.
"We remain dedicated to educating the public about the threat of heart disease to women," said Nancy Chagares, Jewel-Osco SVP marketing and merchandising. "American Heart Month gives us an excellent opportunity to reach out to our customers and the community, and educate them about the steps we can all take to protect ourselves and our loved ones."
Jewel-Osco's activities are being done in conjunction with its parent company, Supervalu, which is in its third year as a national supporter of the Go Red For Women campaign.