- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Family Dollar names new SVP supply chain
MATTHEWS, N.C. — Jason Reiser has been elevated to the role of SVP/lead merchandising officer at Family Dollar, Drug Store News has learned. "In this role, Jason will have executive responsibility for leading cohesive merchandising strategy and execution," noted company president and COO Mike Bloom. "Jason has already made a positive impact since joining Family Dollar in July. In this new role, he will use his strong team leadership experience and his extensive discount retail background with Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club to drive our continued success."
Tammy DeBoer, SVP food and private brands, and Holly Shaskey-Platek, SVP apparel, home and general merchandise, will report to Reiser. Rick Siliakus, VP household products, and Jim Trappani, VP health and beauty aids, will continue to report to Reiser.
Reiser will report to Bloom.
Additionally, to further evolve the company's global sourcing capabilities, the global sourcing organization will align under the executive direction of Holly Shaskey-Platek. Jennifer Warner, VP global sourcing, will report to Shaskey-Platek.
Reiser came to Family Dollar in July from Sam’s Club, where he spent more than 17 years in a variety of roles, including, most recently, VP merchandising, health and family care. Reiser holds a Bachelor of Science degree from Northeastern University.