- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
- Six pharmacy retailers recognized for diversity business opportunities
- Pertussis vaccine offered at Albertsons/Sav-On pharmacies
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu on Friday named Janel Haugarth, 55, EVP merchandising and logistics.
“Steve Jungmann, who had held the position of EVP merchandising, will leave the company effective immediately,” Supervalu stated.
In her new role, Haugarth will be responsible for all merchandising activities across the company’s traditional retail and independent retail businesses. The move consolidates the leadership of all of the company’s merchandising activities, with the exception of Save-A-Lot, under the leadership of a single EVP, Supervalu noted.
Formerly EVP, president and COO of the company’s supply chain services organization, Haugarth will continue to oversee all of the company’s supply chain and logistics operations, and will report directly to Craig Herkert, CEO and president of Supervalu.
“By consolidating responsibility of our merchandising activities under Janel’s leadership, we will accelerate progress on our company’s business transformation,” Herkert said. “This new structure will enable us to better leverage our scale with the supplier community and meet our customers’ needs with the right products at the right time and at the right price."
"Janel is a proven industry leader, with a strong track record for delivering results,” Herkert added. “[Her] experience working closely with both suppliers and independent retailers gives her a unique point of view in our industry.”