- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Pure Encapsulations launches new probiotic product
- Study finds probiotic strain Cardioviva helps reduce cholesterol
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
ATLANTA — Toronto-based Jamieson Labs will be attempting to parlay its dietary supplement success in the Canadian marketplace — the Jamieson brand was the No. 1 branded supplement in Canada across nine categories through December, the company reported — into the U.S. market, according to Jamieson executives presenting at the ECRM Vitamin, Diet & Sports Nutrition EPPS conference here earlier this month.
The launch incorporates new packaging based on consumer research that specifically was designed for the U.S. marketplace across 10 SKUs initially. For its initial launches, the company has identified sizeable and growing categories with a solution that will prove a significant point of differentiation to what's on the market today.
For example, Jamieson showcased its line of Probiotic Sticks at the conference — retailing for $19.99, the plum-flavored powder probiotic format is designed to go directly into the mouth versus being mixed with a beverage. The company also featured its Melatonin Strips, with the fast-dissolving thin strips as a delivery system, for the natural sleep market at a suggested retail of $8.99.
Other targeted categories include the vitamin D market and omega-3 fish oils.