- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- CVS Caremark Q4 results rise to produce record year
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — The CVS Caremark Charity Classic kicked off June 23, bringing together 20 of the world’s top golfers who team up to help raise millions of dollars for area charities.
The event, held at the Rhode Island Country Club in Barrington, R.I., ran from June 23 to 25.
(CVS Caremark president and CEO Larry Merlo (center) with the LPGA's Lexi Thompson and local news anchor at WPRI-TV, Patrick Little)
Tournament week began with the Pepsi Pro-Am on June 23, followed by the two-day tournament on June 24 and 25. Golfers headlining the Pro-Am event included tournament co-host Billy Andrade as well as main field pro Lexi Thompson.
Since 1999, the CVS Caremark Charity Classic has driven more than $16 million to charities around the region, providing funding for a variety of programs serving children, families and people in transition throughout Southeastern New England.