- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
- Alere Wellbeing publishes book touting Quit For Life smoking-cessation program
- Inter Parfums to buy certain assets of Oscar de la Renta fragrance division, enters licensing deal
NEW YORK — Inter Parfums has entered into a 10-year exclusive worldwide fragrance license to create, produce and distribute perfumes and fragrance-related products under the Alfred Dunhill Limited (“Dunhill”) brand.
The agreement commences on April 3, 2013 and replaces a previous license agreement with Procter & Gamble that terminates on that day. Inter Parfums will take over production and distribution of the existing Alfred Dunhill fragrance collections. Sales of current fragrances are planned for Spring 2013 and a new men’s scent is contemplated for 2014, the company stated.
The house of Alfred Dunhill was established in 1893 and features core collections offered in menswear, leather goods and accessories. The brand has global reach through a mix of self-managed retail outlets, department stores and specialty retailers.
“We are enthusiastic about collaborating with this premier British brand and building the Alfred Dunhill fragrance enterprise into a major aspirational fragrance brand. Upon assuming responsibility for the brand, we will fine-tune the current fragrance portfolio, which includes fragrances dating from 1934 to 2011. The new men’s scent planned for a 2014 launch will be supported by a distribution strategy that recognizes and utilizes Alfred Dunhill’s luxury positioning, along with brand appropriate marketing materials and a media campaign,” stated Jean Madar, chairman and CEO of Inter Parfums.