- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
JOHNSON CITY, N.Y. — A new agreement between Innovation and RxSafe allows Innovation to distribute RxSafe's line of automated, high-density robotic storage and retrieval systems for pharmacies, the two companies said.
Innovation makes the PharmASSIST line of pharmacy automation products, while RxSafe makes the RxSafe and RxVault systems.
"The RxSafe product line perfectly complements our PharmASSIST product suite and enables us to offer our customers the ability to automate up to 100% of their prescription volume," Innovation EVP global business development Doyle Jensen said. "We can now truly scale to the customer's full range of prescription fulfillment needs and grow with them in all areas."
RxSafe's technology is designed to automatically and securely store, retrieve and track pharmacy inventory down to the pill or package, handling pharmacy inventory in native packaging.
"Our partnership with Innovation takes full advantage of the considerable talent and technical strengths of both companies," RxSafe CEO William Holmes said. "We are thrilled that Innovation, with its global sales and service outreach, will be distributing our RxSafe product line."
Both companies will share Booth #782 at the National Association of Chain Drug Stores' Pharmacy & Technology Conference in Boston, which will take place from Aug. 27-30.