- Vicks launches three humidifiers for 2013 cold-flu season
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
- Lipstick brightens segment with bold sales
- Appropriations bill to boost funding for Lupus Research Institute's education program
- Real Health Labs launches Prostate Complete Once Per Day
Judging by many makeup looks on the runways of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2011 in New York, it was evident that lipstick was going to be in the shopping basket of many beauty mavens. That has proven to be the case.
According to SymphonyIRI Group, lipstick sales have experienced strong double-digit growth in the 12 weeks ended April 17. Topping the list, according to SymphonyIRI, were lip products that offer such innovation as long-wearing color like CoverGirl Outlast, Maybelline SuperStay and L’Oréal Paris Infallible Le Rouge.
According to research by Mintel, women have reported using lipstick and lip gloss six times a week, suggesting that these products are a daily staple.