- Family Dollar elevates Jason Reiser to chief merchandising officer; president and COO Michael Bloom departs
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Walgreens furthers reach into North Carolina with acquisition of Kerr Drug
- MinuteClinic enters Northern California, Coastal Southeastern North Carolina
- Walgreens opens first store in the U.S. Virgin Islands
ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Robert Ingle, the founder and CEO of regional supermarket chain Ingles Markets, died March 6, the company announced Monday. He was 77.
The company's board of directors said Ingle will be succeeded by his son, Robert Ingle II, who has been Ingles' chairman of the board since 2004.
Ingle, who founded the business in 1963, served as CEO since the company was incorporated in 1965, as well as president from 1965 until 1982.
Ingles Markets operates 203 supermarkets across six Southeastern states.