- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome patient Ellen Smith serves as advocate for pain relief access
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- Real Health Labs launches Prostate Complete Once Per Day
- New men's grooming tool tackles sharp facial hair
- Appropriations bill to boost funding for Lupus Research Institute's education program
DURHAM, N.C. — Implus has identified a niche need within foot care — plantar fasciitis. The Airplus Plantar Fasciitis Orthotic provides support for the plantar fascia and a gel cushion to help relieve heel pain. Plantar fasciitis is a condition that impacts 2 million people at any one time, according to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Some people are more prone to plantar fasciitis, say orthopedic foot and ankle doctors, including women, people who are overweight and workers who spend a lot of time walking or standing on hard surfaces. People with very flat feet or very high arches also are more prone to plantar fasciitis.