- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- SIUE School of Pharmacy appoints Lubsch to lead Pediatric Pharmacy initiative
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. – The Illinois Council of Health-System Pharmacists will recognize an Illinois pharmacy professor with a professional award.
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville said Monday that Scott Bergman would receive the ICHP's New Practitioner Leadership Award, saying the award recognized his professionalism, leadership and innovation.
"This award provides well-deserved recognition for Scott's efforts with ICHP, as well as his efforts to increase local pharmacist participation in this state organization," SIUE pharmacy professor and chairman of the Department of Pharmacy Practice Mark Ruscin said. "It is critically important for the profession and for the School of Pharmacy to have faculty members like Scott develop as leaders within professional organizations."
Bergman began working for the school in 2006. He has developed a clinical practice in collaboration with infectious disease physicians at the SIU School of Medicine in Springfiled as well, and has provided patient care at hospitals and an international travel clinic. Last year, he helped develop a postgraduate training program in infectious diseases pharmacy.
At ICHP, he has worked with the organization's office to develop monthly continuing education programs for local pharmacists and received the group's Excellence in Innovation award last year.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.