- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- CVS Caremark receives Logistics Best Practice Award
- Rx Response kicked into highest alert level as Hurricane Isaac made landfall
- A&P files for Ch. 11 bankruptcy
ORLANDO, Fla. — Intelligent Global Pooling Systems has been recognized as a "top 75 green supply chain partner" by Inbound Logistics and is featured in the publication's June 2012 "Supply Chain Sustainability" issue.
"It is an honor to be recognized by one of the leading logistics trade publications for our demonstrated commitment to sustainability," iGPS CEO Richard DiStasio said. "We take pride in creating industry-leading solutions for our customers that also make their supply chains more eco-friendly."
The company said editors of Inbound Logistics surveyed the sustainability efforts of more than 200 transportation and logistics companies. Their research analyzed companies who lead by example and have demonstrated measurable green results, sustainability innovation, continuous improvement and industry recognition. This process enabled the editors to determine the top 75 companies that are deeply committed to supply chain sustainability.
iGPS noted that an independent life cycle analysis documented that its pallets are better for the environment than wood pallets on every regularly-measured dimension, including global warming, ozone layer depletion and eco-toxicity.