LAS VEGAS — They call it “idea-share” for a reason. Attendees of this year’s McKesson ideaShare 2013 Conference, which will be held from June 26 through 30 at The Venetian Casino and Resort, will be exposed to some of the best thinking and new ideas for improving their independent pharmacy businesses. From topnotch speakers, continuing education sessions, hands-on workshops and business coaching seminars, McKesson ideaShare 2013 will offer independent pharmacy owners myriad opportunities to capitalize on today’s business climate.
This year’s McKesson ideaShare has been organized across four central themes that play out both in the programming, as well as on the exhibit floor: Better Business, aimed at improving owner profitability; Better Results for patient outcomes; Better Future as it relates to the practice of pharmacy as an industry, and Better Together, focusing on the merchandising and marketing services available through McKesson’s national Health Mart brand.
Headlining this year’s opening general session is best-selling author and futurist David Houle. Houle’s latest book, “The Future of Healthcare in America,” looks at the transformational changes going on today and what health care will look like in the years ahead. Drawing from this book, as well as his latest book, “Entering the Shift Age” — which lays out the dynamics that have shaped our world and will continue to reshape it for the next 20 years — Houle will deliver a keynote presentation to attendees on “The New Health Age and Emerging Pharmacy Trends."
Additionally, guest policy speaker Jon Kingsdale will headline the conference's Public Policy Forum. As the managing director and co-founder of Wakely Consulting Group’s Boston office, and one of the nation’s leading consultants on healthcare legislation, including the Accountable Care Act (ACA) and the 2006 implementation of Massachusetts’ healthcare reform legislation, will discuss the real-world opportunities for independent pharmacy to take advantage of the changes coming under the ACA.
McKesson ideaShare 2013 also will offer attendees up to 30 hours of pharmacy continuing education — for more details, see the preview of key CE lessons at this year's conference. According to a June 5th post on the McKesson ideaShare Facebook page, the five most popular CE programs based on total pre-registrants were:
- Annual public policy forum;
- Access to lives: How payer incentives are presenting an opportunity for community pharmacy;
- Staying a click ahead: using digital marketing to connect to your consumers;
- How successful pharmacy managers make it happen; and
- Legislative and regulatory update.
In all, more than 200 exhibitors will line the exhibit floor. Highlights will include:
- Better Business Pavilion - Special offers for McKesson ideaShare attendees through McKesson’s OneStop Generics program, which offers aggressive pricing on a special portfolio of more than 100 items; important BrandRx learning opportunities through Medicare Part B reimbursement changes and immunizations workshops;
- Better Results Pavilion - New Clinical Services and the new Health Mart mobile app will help independent owners drive better outcomes for their patients;
- Better Future Pavilion - Since 2007, McKesson’s RxOwnership program has helped more than 500 independent pharmacies start up a new business and 1,000 transfer ownership of the business to another independent operator. This year’s program also will offer personalized physician outreach demos; and
- Better Together Pavilion - New Local Marketing Support services include the Marketing Hub and several new social media-based solutions. Attendees will also receive a free professional headshot for use in local marketing efforts. New store design and décor packages will also be on display, including the latest Health Mart store design.
McKesson will also host the Health Mart Annual Meeting at the show, which is open to all attendees, although pre-registration is required. This year, the focus will be on improving the consumer experience, creating stronger relationships within the healthcare space, and measuring a pharmacy's impact on patient results and overall healthcare costs. McKesson’s Health Mart group, currently numbers more than 3,100 pharmacies, and has ranked highest in customer satisfaction in J.D. Power and Associates’ U.S. Pharmacy Study for three times in the last four years.
And families can once again take advantage of the Camp McKesson program, offering licensed child care and a full schedule of activities for children ages 3 years to 17 years.
For more information, or to register for McKesson ideaShare 2013, visit MckessonideaShare.com.