- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Homeopathy, returning brands shape pain relief
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Study: Whooping cough vaccine may not prevent infection
- Hyland's launches pair of mucus relief items
NEW YORK — Hyland’s will attempt to parlay its success across its 4 Kids line of homeopathic solutions into the adult section with its recent launch of the Hyland’s Defend line. “We are seeing tremendous growth in our cold and cough 4 Kids,” noted Jay Borneman, chairman and CEO at Hyland’s.
A lot of that growth can be traced to increased awareness around the safety and efficacy associated with homeopathic cough-cold products for use to relieve a child’s cough-cold symptoms. The reasoning is that the parent who purchased that homeopathic solution for their child will be looking for a similar adult solution when they catch a cold.
According to the company, the Hyland’s brand already is recognized by parents for cold relief with Hyland’s Cold ’n Cough 4 Kids product sales growing by 250% per year. The Defend line includes three SKUs: Cold ’n Cough, Cold ’n Cough Nighttime and Sinus.