- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- NCPA: Community pharmacy has historically helped patients as they transition to new health plans
- A shot in the arm for pharmacy
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield has named Hy-Vee's specialty pharmacy division its preferred provider of specialty pharmacy benefits for members, Hy-Vee said.
Starting Oct. 1, Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions will provide services to Wellmark members with disease states requiring such complex drug regimens as cancer, hepatitis, multiple sclerosis, Crohn's disease and others.
"Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions' customized patient programs, clinical expertise and dedication to customer service will allow Wellmark to deliver high-quality specialty pharmacy benefits while effectively managing costs," Wellmark pharmacy director Matt Hosford said. "Our combined commitment to quality and service will provide greater value for our customers."
Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions will offer services such as pharmacists available around the clock to answer questions or concerns, one-stop shopping for prescriptions and over-the-counter medications and medication delivery through Hy-Vee pharmacies or directly to patients' homes, offices or other locations.
"We are very pleased Wellmark recognized that the unique care model offered by Hy-Vee Pharmacy Solutions offers their members innovative, cost-effective specialty pharmacy benefit solutions that improve health outcomes," Hy-Vee Pharmacy Soutions president Michael Agostino said.