- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Hy-Vee has specially outfitted an RV to provide basic health-and-wellness services for people across the Midwest as part of a tour of the region.
The supermarket-pharmacy chain's Hy-Vee Healthy You Wellness Bus stopped in Omaha, Neb., Tuesday, offering $45 health screenings, as well as education on heart health, the NuVal nutritional-ranking program at Hy-Vee stores, healthy cooking demonstrations and more. The bus includes two rooms for flu shots and screenings for blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure, provided by Hy-Vee dietitians and pharmacists.
The year-round tour also will visit such events as the Iowa State Fair, Kansas City Chiefs football games and Drake Relays, as well as large employer health fairs and local events.
The bus will visit a Council Bluffs, Iowa, Hy-Vee Drug Store Wednesday and a Hy-Vee supermarket in Council Bluffs on Thursday. Locations next month include Omaha, Neb., Lincoln, Neb., Leawood, Kan., and others.