- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- Rite Aid posts third consecutive quarterly profit as company expands Wellness+
- McKesson takes majority stake in German drug distributor Celesio
- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Humana Pharmacy Solutions, Humana’s pharmacy benefit management division, on Thursday announced it has selected AmerisourceBergen as Humana’s primary wholesaler for drug purchasing.
“With this agreement, we’ll be able to offer members and employers access to more cost-effective generic versions of clinically proven and popular brand-name drugs,” stated William Fleming, VP Humana Pharmacy Solutions.
The five-year agreement takes effect May 1.