- Facing pharmacy trends for the remainder of the year
- MedFolio launches electronic pillbox to improve patient adherence
- Cardinal Health’s Independence Medical unit helps pharmacy owners tap into growing home healthcare market
- Former CMS, FDA chief McClellan delivers keynote at Cardinal Health RBC
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Humana's pharmacy benefit management business has been awarded pharmacy benefit management accreditation from a nonprofit healthcare accrediting organization.
Humana Pharmacy Solutions was awarded full pharmacy benefit management accreditation by URAC. URAC standards require companies to demonstrate their commitment to quality and safety.
"Humana is honored to receive PBM accreditation from URAC," said William Fleming, Humana Pharmacy Solutions VP. "It's exciting to us to be recognized in our industry for providing outstanding services. The accreditation renewal also underscores the quality of our work with Humana members, customers, clients, payers and healthcare providers by confirming our compliance with national standards for PBM services."