- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Study: Participation in diabetes education associated with greater ability to self-manage
- Vitals predicts consumer healthcare trends for 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
LOUISVILLE, Ky., and PRINCETON, N.J. — A healthcare company and a drug maker have entered a one-year research partnership to explore diabetes treatment and care.
Humana and Novo Nordisk said its researchers will identify opportunities to change how patients might be treated to improve quality and outcomes for the millions of people who battle diabetes. Humana is working through its research affiliate, Competitive Health Analytics, on this partnership, Humana noted.
"We look forward to collaborating with Humana on this project," Novo Nordisk's corporate VP clinical development, medical and regulatory affairs Anne Phillips said. "Healthcare quality is so important when it comes to achieving good outcomes, but we can't measure it unless we have a strong partner with substantial data. It is our hope that this collaboration ultimately will create solutions that will improve outcomes for people with diabetes."