- CVS Caremark names Helena Foulkes EVP, chief healthcare strategy and marketing officer
- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Gallup: Take Care Clinics top in customer service
- Biosimilars should take same generic names as branded counterparts, Hospira's Ramachandra says
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Hospira has reappointed its chief scientific officer after he briefly left the country earlier this year, the generic drug maker said.
Sumant Ramachandra has been reappointed to the position, effective Friday, and will be in charge of the company's research and development, regulatory and medical affairs.
"Under Sumant's leadership, Hospira has established one of the most robust biosimilars pipelines in the industry, expanded an already market-leading generic injectables portfolio and built a talented scientific, medical and regulatory organization to execute our vision for future success. While we had interviewed an exceptional slate of candidates for this role, we determined that Sumant remained not only the best fit, but also would be best positioned to seamlessly advance our R&D priorities."