- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- Target to expand omnichannel offerings in Q3 as new mobile app sees strong growth
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
NEW YORK — Children are hurt more from falls in the home than any other kind of home accident; falls cause more than 3 million childhood injuries every year, according to the Home Safety Council. That was one driver behind the growth in first aid accessories in the summer months — for the 12 weeks ended May 15, sales of overall accessories were up 3.4% to $257.7 million across food, drug and mass (excluding Walmart), according to SymphonyIRI Group. Sales of first aid kits across that period were up 15.4% to $5.4 million.