- Alterna ventures into nail fungal solutions under Kerasal foot care brand
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Walgreens allies with HHS to launch free flu shot outreach to disadvantaged
- Pharmacy crime: Pushing back against rising wave
- Rite Aid to present N.J. first lady with nearly $280,000 in hurricane-relief money
WHIPPANY, N.J. — An estimated 30 million Americans suffer from unsightly nail appearance — a market currently underserved by nonprescription products. Alterna is looking to dress up that foot care need with its launch of Kerasal Nail Fungal Nail Renewal Treatment.
Kerasal Nail’s unique nail-penetrating formula — a unique point of differentiation for the U.S. market — already is the No. 1 seller in various European countries where it launched last year, Alterna reported. The launch potentially will breathe new life into the almost $340 million antifungal category in mass, which currently is trending down in the low-single digits.