- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
AMITYVILLE, N.Y. — Hi-Tech Pharmacal has acquired marketing and distribution rights for a product designed to treat coughs and upper respiratory symptoms associated with an allergy or a cold.
The generic drug maker said it attained rights for TussiCaps, available in 10-mg/8-mg and 5-mg/4-mg formulations, from Mallinckrodt. Hi-Tech's ECR Pharmaceuticals subsidiary, which markets branded prescription products, will promote TussiCaps, the only extended-release prescription cough-cold capsule product approved by the Food and Drug Administration.
In related news, Hi-Tech also recently acquired the marketing and distribution rights to an abbreviated new drug application filing from KVK-Tech for an antihistamine/decongestant product — dexbrompheniramine maleate 6-mg/pseudoephedrine sulfate 120-mg extended release tablets — which will be marketed by ECR under the brand name Lodrane.