CHICAGO — In an effort to highlight its commitment to consumer preferences and tastes, Hershey is debuting a range of innovative confections this week at the National Confectioners Association's Sweets & Snacks Expo in Chicago.
One of the new treats includes Ice Breakers Cool Blasts Chews, a mint-and-gum duo that gives the consumer an icy blast in the form of a dissolving chew. The product — available beginning September 2014 — is a new spin on the Ice Breakers brand and fills a changing consumer need as traditional gum sees a decline and the mint category enjoys growth.
"Consumers are at the center of all that we do at Hershey, and their preferences, needs and tastes drive our product innovation," said Michael Wege, SVP and chief growth and marketing Officer for the Hershey Co. "These new products are a direct result of a creative and innovative industry-changing pipeline that focuses on consumer trends. With more than 80 brands around the world, the Hershey Co. responds to diverse consumer needs to create a robust portfolio of innovative chocolate and confection products."
Reese's Spreads also are taking the spotlight following the success of the company's line of Hershey Spreads. The new spread will retail for $3.89 and will appear on retail shelves in December 2014. Other products being announced at the show include:
- Hershey's Spreads Snacksters Graham Dippers, an on-the-go package that combines Hershey's Spreads Chocolate with Graham Dippers. Available in a 1.8-oz. package for a suggested retail price of $1.49. Available May 2014;
- York Minis, a bite-sized version of the peppermint and smooth dark chocolate treat. York Minis will be available in 2.5-oz. King Size (SRP $1.69) and 8-oz. Stand-up Pouch (SRP $3.29). Available May 2014;
- Brookside Crunchy Clusters, clusters of multigrain and fruit-flavored centers with sweetened cranberry bits, covered in dark chocolate. Brookside Crunchy Clusters will be available in 2.5-oz. (SRP $2.29) and 5-oz. (SRP $3.89) bags. Available December 2014;
- Twizzlers Pull 'n' Peel Fruit Punch Twists, which grape, cherry and orange flavors. The product will be available in 2-oz. (SRP $.59) and 11-oz. (SRP $1.75) bags. Available December 2014;
- Twizzlers Strawberry Lemonade Filled Twists. Strawberry and lemonade flavors combine to bring consumers a strawberry flavor with a touch of lemon flavor. Available in 1.9-oz. (SRP $.59) and 11-oz. (SRP $1.75) bags. Available December 2014.