- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Sneakz shake gets national launch
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. — Hero Nutritionals on Wednesday introduced two sugar-free vitamins to its Yummi Bears line that are naturally sweetened with lo han fruit and inulin fiber.
“Overall the gummy vitamin category is up by 19% year over year, with the new sugar-free trend emerging," stated Claire Polson, national sales and marketing manager for Hero Nutritionals. “Additionally, the supplement alternative sweetener category grew by 10%, with the children’s multivitamin category driving it at 23% growth as compared to 2011.”
Yummi Bears Sugar Free Multi-Vitamin & Mineral, retailing at a suggested $19.99, is formulated with 16 vitamins, minerals and nutrients, including antioxidants A, C and E, and B-complex. And the Yummi Bears Sugar Free Vitamin D3, retailing at a suggested $16.99, is formulated with a high-potency formula that supports calcium absorption to build healthy bones and teeth.