DETROIT — Henry Ford Health System on Thursday launched a free smartphone app for patients to order and manage their medications. The Henry Ford Rx app is available for patients who use any of the chain's 28 retail pharmacy locations throughout the metro Detroit area.
The app will allow patients to:
- Order prescription refills;
- Receive text message notifications when their medicine is available for pickup;
- Enroll in refill and medication dosage reminders;
- Access an overview of their medication records;
- Locate nearby Henry Ford pharmacy locations;
- Transfer prescriptions between those locations; and
- View monthly over-the-counter specials.
“By using this resource, our patients will gain a greater sense of control over their health and medication needs, anytime, anywhere” said Daniel Kus, RPh., VP of Henry Ford’s ambulatory pharmacy services. “This new service demonstrates our continued commitment to coordinated patient care.”
The app is available for download on both iTunes and Google Play markets at no charge. Patients who aren't as tech-savvy can manage their medications through a mobile-web application here. The app was created by mobile pharmacy solutions provider, mscripts.
“As its own healthcare ecosystem, Henry Ford is uniquely able to influence healthier outcomes for its patients through the use of technology,” said Mark Cullen, CEO of mscripts.