- RediClinic upgrades Weigh Forward with Wellness Layers platform
- Three key milestones show Rite Aid's continued progress
- Hartman Group breaks down health and wellness consumer segments
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- CEA forecasts personal health-and-wellness product market will reach $8 billion in sales by 2018
NEW YORK — It may have a goofy name, but start-up website HellaWella, HellaWella.com, is serious about promoting healthy living and all the good stuff that goes with it. Well, “serious” might be a little misleading, as the free website and weekly newsletter definitely is taking a fun, youthful approach to helping consumers discover the latest in health and wellness — and how to do so on the cheap.
In categories like Health, Sweat, Primp and Eats, the site covers everything from free local health screenings at national pharmacies to new health products and deals for the body, home and environment. In addition to the deals uncovered by the editorial staff, the site also offers a sponsored, Groupon-like “Deal of the Week” feature that allows health brands to market their products and special offers to a highly motivated and targeted audience.
Wayne Bennett, of the Lebhar-Friedman Retail Group, which publishes HellaWella, said, “There is a huge consumer segment that actively seeks out health-and-wellness information on a daily basis. And in today’s challenging economic environment, everyone is looking for a deal. With HellaWella, we have created a unique platform where we can provide great information for living better and saving money while doing it.”
Editor’s Note: Sounds like a hell of a good deal to us.
Click here to check out HellaWella.