- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- Crossmark names Janet Carter-Smith VP
- Jason Reiser takes on SVP/lead merchandising officer role at Family Dollar
- Former Sears Canada, Loblaws exec to take helm at Sephora Americas
- Revlon names new president, CEO
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — A Heineken USA executive has been promoted to the position of digital manager for Heineken Global.
Paul Smailes, who most recently has served as senior brand director of Dos Equis and Sol, now will be responsible for developing Heineken's digital strategy and enhancing the brand's global competitive market advantage. Smailes will report to Heinken global brand director Cyril Charzat.
Replacing Smailes is Nipa Parekh — the former global marketing director for Kraft Foods' gum business — who will join Heineken USA as senior brand director of Dos Equis.
"Following six successful years on Heineken USA brands, we're proud that Paul is bringing his international and marketing expertise to Amsterdam to drive growth for the Heineken brand with innovative digital strategies," Heineken USA chief marketing officer Lesya Lysyj said. "We're thrilled to bring Nipa's breadth of experience and success to amplify our 'most interesting' Dos Equis campaigns."
Parekh will join Heineken USA effective July 9, while Smailes will begin his role in Amsterdam on Aug. 1.