- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- Packaged Facts: Sports drinks, nutrition bars a $10 billion business in 2013
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
Healthy Ones deli and lunch meat will be sporting red packaging and signage throughout the month of February in recognition of Heart Health Awareness Month.
The brand is donating 5 cents per tub of lunchmeat and 5 cents per pound of deli meat — up to $50,000 total — sold in grocery stores nationwide to WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease.
"We strive to support a healthy lifestyle, so we were thrilled that our 2012 campaign helped aid women in taking preventive actions that reduce their risk of heart disease," said Elizabeth Di John, brand manager of Healthy Ones. "It is very rewarding to know that we can continue supporting those efforts in 2013."
Healthy Ones' ham, turkey breast, chicken breast and roast beef has been certified as "extra lean" by the American Heart Association.