- Oramed announces publication in diabetes journal
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Walgreens' Pegus to discuss impact of diabetes management on healthcare costs
- Decision Resources: Type 2 diabetes market in China to nearly double by 2014
- Diabetes population to double, costs to nearly triple by 2034
SAN FRANCISCO — The Health Mart Healthy Living Tour recently offered free health screenings at the 7th Annual 13th Congressional District Health Fair, hosted by Rep. David Scott, D-Ga., earlier this month.
Aboard the Health Mart Healthy Living Tour’s 40-ft. mobile screening unit, tour staff offered screenings that include blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose and hemoglobin A1C tests.
Co-sponsored by Bayer Diabetes Care and Novo Nordisk, the Healthy Living Tour continues through Nov. 4. The mobile screening unit is making 90 stops across 18 states this year.
Additionally, Health Mart is rewarding 10 Health Mart pharmacists across the country for going above and beyond the call of duty to provide exemplary education, guidance and service to people managing diabetes. Health Mart and co-sponsor Bayer Diabetes Care will hold small recognition ceremonies to honor select pharmacists, the company announced.