- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Improving patient outcomes, controlling costs with OTCs
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
CINCINNATI — HealthWarehouse.com on Tuesday announced that it has consummated two separate transactions to acquire all the online assets of Hocks Pharmacy, an online reseller of over-the-counter medications, diabetic supplies and medical equipment. HealthWarehouse.com also will merge with a newly formed subsidiary of Hocks Pharmacy.
Following the acquisition, the business will continue to operate under the Hocks.com name until transitioning to HealthWarehouse.com when the time is appropriate, the company announced.
"The combination will bring together two companies committed to providing great customer service and affordable prices on medications to the consumer," stated Lalit Dhadphale, HealthWarehouse.com president and CEO.
A day before the acquisition, HealthWarehouse.com announced that the company has been added to the prescription drug benefit program that Huntington Insurance offers to self-insured companies for more than 100 employers with 200,000 employees in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Under that partnership, participating employers can offer their employees the option to have 300 prescription medications for $3.50, and 1,000 medications for less than $25, delivered to employees’ homes via free shipping.