- Rite Aid launches marketing campaign for Wellness65+
- Rite Aid launches Wellness+ extension for seniors
- Mobile health apps represent a sweet opportunity for those retailers trading on health and wellness
- Three key milestones show Rite Aid's continued progress
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
Rite Aid was the first to fold in a health-driven component to its loyalty program; as participants move up the Wellness+ ladder, they earn health-related perks, like free healthcare assessments.
Wellness+ membership grew 8% to 25 million, during the company’s recently reported second quarter. Members accounted for 74% of front-end sales, compared with 69% one year ago, as well as 68% of prescription sales.
Importantly, the number of gold and silver members has continued to increase, as well. Gold and silver members show basket sizes about 40% to 50% larger than other members, and almost half shop Rite Aid weekly. The Wellness+ program has also helped Rite Aid improve script count, as it offers big rewards for prescriptions filled — a loyal Rite Aid pharmacy customer can quickly move to Gold status in the program.