- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
Being successful is, in large part, all about having the right tools and resources. Looking to help Health Mart members run a better business, achieve better results for patients, and create a better future for community pharmacy, Health Mart unveiled a host of new programs and offerings during McKesson ideaShare 2013.
“McKesson ideaShare is the ideal forum for Health Mart members to access industry thought leaders, the latest pharmacy solutions, Continuing Education courses, and networking events all focused on helping them achieve better pharmacy health,” said Steve Courtman, president, Health Mart. “With the changing dynamics in the industry, it’s important that community pharmacy look for ways to build scale and strengthen their relationships with other healthcare players. By coming together under the Health Mart brand, member pharmacies are collectively elevating the profile of community pharmacy across the nation.”
Local Marketing Support: Health Mart previewed its new Local Marketing Support program, which is designed to put marketing funds and new tools directly into members’ hands so it is easier for them to attract new patients and drive revenue. Tools and resources available through the program include:
- The Marketing Hub: Replacing the Marketing Tool Kit, the new Marketing Hub provides Health Mart stores with a variety of resources to promote their pharmacy. Owners can choose to purchase a timesaving integrated campaign or select their own tactics from a catalog of more than 100 traditional, digital and social media marketing tools. The marketing tools have been updated and consumer-tested, including promotions, email templates, social media content and “do it for me” TV, radio, community outreach and PR. Sample marketing templates are available at the Local Marketing Support booth on the show floor.
- Flexible matching funds: Owners can now use flexible matching funds for any tactic or campaign on the Marketing Hub (except store décor and promotional items). To simplify the ordering process, the matching funds are immediately applied when campaigns are ordered on the Marketing Hub.
- Local marketing coordinators: Health Mart marketing coordinators are available by phone or email to help owners utilize the Marketing Hub resources and to support the execution of campaigns. McKesson ideaShare attendees can meet with marketing experts at the Local Marketing Support booth to receive a personalized marketing consultation.
Additional tools and resources launched at McKesson ideaShare include:
The Mobile App for Your Pharmacy Online: Health Mart previewed a mobile application, the newest component of the Your Pharmacy Online consumer-facing pharmacy website. Available this fall, the mobile app will give patients more on-the-go prescription management options, including placing refill requests, receiving reminders or learning about in-store promotions. The new communication tool can help improve patient adherence and drive positive health outcomes, while increasing prescription volume. Demonstrations of the new app are being provided to attendees at the Your Pharmacy Online booth on the show floor.
New Tools to Maximize the Adherence: Health Mart provided attendees with information on new adherence opportunities available to retail pharmacies, such as medication therapy management, behavioral coaching and more.
New Store Design: With the guidance of retail experience experts, Health Mart has updated its store design and décor to help create a shopper-friendly atmosphere with easier access to the pharmacist. McKesson ideaShare attendees can take a tour of a demonstration store on the show floor.
With more than 3,100 stores, Health Mart continues to see significant growth and Health Mart has ranked highest in customer satisfaction in J.D. Power & Associates US Pharmacy Study three out of the past four years.