- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Report: Specialty pharmacy to account for half of all prescription revenue by 2018
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. — Health Market Science and PDX are offering PDX system clients access to the HMS Provider MasterFile, the companies said.
HMS, a company that supplies provider data and data management services, and PDX, which provides technology products for the retail pharmacy industry, said PDX Classic Pharmacy System and Enterprise Pharmacy System users would have the same access as "top-tier pharmacy chains across the country."
"Our mutual customers asked for a seamless way to access the HMS Provider MasterFile so they can confidently fill prescriptions and still maintain a consistent workflow," HMS COO Jeff Klein said. "HMS has the sources, the technology and the expertise to collect, aggregate and maintain a repository of 1.5 million prescribers and their associated credentials, demographics, practice status and DEA registration."