- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- Sam's Club names new VP health care
- Sam's Club offers free passes to military personnel, families
- Sam's Club piloting online subscription service
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
WHAT IT MEANS AND WHY IT'S IMPORTANT —Sam's Club has made a major commitment to health and wellness, and is hosting screening events every month of the year. January was New Year, New You. This month it's heart health. Next month it's allergy screenings. In June it's men's health, which includes some pretty expensive PSA tests. Why? Sam's wants its members to know it's serious about health and wellness, and knows that these events are a good way to convert members into patients.
(THE NEWS: Sam's Club gets down to heart of the matter with free screenings. For the full story, click here)
In the April 2 issue of Drug Store News, DSN will feature an exclusive report on Sam's Club and what its health-and-wellness leadership is doing to create a relevant and unique offering for its members, and grow scrips and sales in a business segment that upper management has targeted for growth.
For more information on the issue, or to advertise, contact DSN publisher Wayne Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.