- Study: 2,000 IUs of vitamin E daily effective in slowing functional decline in AD patients
- Cleansers, moisturizers take the lead
- Lumene unveils product innovation, new packaging for 2014
- Carmex expands skin care portfolio with fragrance-free cream
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
PINE BROOK, N.J. — After 10 years serving the professional market with products containing ingredients naturally derived from eggs to topically treat severe skin conditions, Fortitude Health has launched its HealFast SkinCare to the consumer marketplace.
HealFast is a line of skincare that features proprietary Ovasome technology. Its formulations contain specific ingredients found naturally in the everyday egg that provide a source of nourishment from vitamins, minerals and proteins that balance and heal the skin, the company stated.
It is historically documented that eggs have been a primary ingredient in skin care for thousands of years. Zhang Lihua, beauty and Imperial Consort of the Chen Dynasty compiled the earliest recorded skin care recipe, dating back to 600 B.C. There also are stories recorded of women in England applying eggs to their faces as part of their beauty regimen as early as 1300 A.D. But it is interesting to note that in all of these ancient recipes, the egg white was used and the yolk was discarded. According to HealFast, its research reveals that discarding the yolk is not the most beneficial use of the egg in a skin care regimen.
Egg whites contain a high concentration of protein, which can have tremendous benefit for skin, hair and nails. But the yolk contains the majority of the egg’s vitamins and minerals, the company stated. Almost all skin care treatments on the market today are based on active ingredients that are found naturally in egg yolks. Retinol, or vitamin A, has been proven to reduce wrinkles, boost collagen and speed cell turnover. Vitamins C and E are known for their ability to fight free radicals. Minerals like copper also have been studied for the stimulation of collagen production. And hyaluronic acid is used in skincare products to attract and retain moisture. The egg yolk contains all of these vitamins and minerals naturally in abundance.
The HealFast SkinCare launch collection offers three key products, each of which contain the Ovasome technology:
- Egg Cream Cleanser: Formulated for all skin types, this gentle cleanser will leave skin feeling refreshed and looking radiant. It removes dirt, oil and makeup without drying the skin;
- Eggsential Hydro-Repair Moisturizer: This moisturizer is fast-absorbing and formulated to increase skin hydration. This cream fights free radical damage, in addition to reducing the appearance of fine lines and dryness; and
- Ovagen Anti-Aging Eye Cream: Designed to specifically address the concerns of the orbital eye area. It corrects and prevents puffiness, dark circles and fine lines. Skin will appear brighter, more firm, lifted and toned.