- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Walgreens Infusion Services can save $10.8 million in healthcare costs annually
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. — A pharmaceutical wholesaler has promoted one of its executives.
H. D. Smith said Harvey Tanenbaum — an industry veteran with more than 30 years of experience — now will serve as the company's EVP, responsible for all efforts connected to metro New York area expansion.
Tanenbaum began his career as a practicing pharmacist and also is a former retail pharmacy owner, the company said. He regularly serves in an advisory capacity to such organizations as the Independent Pharmacy Alliance of America, Keystone Pharmacy Alliance, Garden State Pharmacy Owners Association and the Academy of Independent Pharmacy. Tanenbaum also serves on both the New Jersey and New York board of directors for the American Heart Association.
"Ongoing changes in the healthcare market landscape signal the importance of our continued focus on what matters most for our growth and progress — the pharmacy customers that are the backbone of our business. Their needs must be our priority," said Dale Smith, chairman and CEO at H. D. Smith. "Harvey's applied experience as a retail pharmacist, coupled with his strong passion for the needs of this sector, enables him to champion efforts to provide exceptional customer service and solutions to pharmacies in this region."