- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
DUBUQUE, Iowa — A regional pharmacy chain has acquired a store based in Iowa.
Hartig Drug, which operates 16 stores throughout eastern Iowa, northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin, has acquired Darlington, Iowa-based Whitford Pharmacy, which has been in business since 1980.
"We are excited about having Whitford Pharmacy joining our family of stores," said Richard Hartig, CEO of Hartig Drug. "With having [more than] 140 years collectively in a family-owned pharmacy business, we will continue to deliver the best patient care to the families in the Lafayette County area."