- Kroger to acquire Harris Teeter for $2.5 billion
- Harris Teeter acquires six Piggly Wiggly locations, and one future location, in the Charleston, S.C., market
- Publix announces two new openings for North Carolina market
- Kroger posts quarterly sales gains of 4.6%
- Harris Teeter shareholders approve proposed Kroger merger agreement
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — On Saturday, Harris Teeter will make a $75,000 donation to Make-A-Wish Central and Western North Carolina at the start of the Andrew Roby’s annual “Pitchin' for Wishes” Cornhole Tournament at Freedom Park, the grocer announced. The money was raised through Harris Teeter vendors who will participate in a cornhole tournament hosted by Harris Teeter on Friday.
The winners of the Harris Teeter cornhole tournament will also participate in the “Pitchin’ for Wishes” tournament.
Andrew Roby has hosted “Pitchin’ for Wishes” since 2008 and raised over $350,000 for charity.
Get connected and follow us on LinkedIn for the most in-depth coverage of drug store news. Join the conversation.